Tattoo Removal Process
The process a client undergoes with Vanish includes the following steps:
Step 1: FREE Consultation
Under the direction of our medical director, a consultation will be conducted by the Certified Laser Tattoo Removal Specialist (LTRS) and Certified Laser Safety Officer (LSO) to assess the following:
- Size of the tattoo (sq. inches).
- Your health (your body does all the work).
- Ink type / depth / age / application technique (used to determine difficulty / duration for removal process).
- Pricing for tattoo removal treatment.
The LTRS will explain the treatment in depth and will answer any questions the
client might have related to the laser tattoo removal process. It is important to
disclose on the Medical Questionnaire all medications you are currently taking as
some medications can cause adverse reactions.
At the end of the consultation, the LTRS will schedule the first treatment. In many cases,
there will be enough time at the end of the consultation to move directly into the first
Step 2: First Treatment
In preparation of your first treatment we require the following:
- Please keep area to be treated out of sun at least 2 weeks prior to first treatment.
- Shave area to be treated the day prior; if applicable
- Do not take products containing aspirin 24 hours prior to treatment.
- No AHA’s or topical acid products on skin.
The client will sign in and notify the LTRS of any medical changes.
The LTRS will photograph the tattoo which will be stored with the client’s file.
Tattoo Removal Treatment begins!
Step 3: Post-Treatment
The LTRS will provide post-treatment instructions and schedule the next appointment.
Treatments can be scheduled no sooner than 4 weeks apart. If you have a “fresh” tan,
we will need to reschedule for a later date to avoid possible hypo-pigmentation complications. So please keep treated area covered if in the sun!
A digital photo will be taken at each appointment to track the removal process.